Sunday, July 11, 2010

love loVE LOVE you Aubrey with an E!!

About a month or so ago, my good friend Aubrey moved away with her husband to Texas, where they are starting a new business. It was a sad day at Ruby, but it gave me an excuse to make a cake (and it feels like it has been a LONG time since I have been able to bake anything). I'm still not the best at 'hand writing' with frosting stuffed in a bag, but I keep trying my best.


One if the blogs I follow, is Cake Wrecks. It's a place where you can post pictures of cakes that decorators butcher, but still sell for money anyways. Like when I got this 'gem' for my 20th birthday.. 'Happy Brithday Day Carolyn'.. and we still paid for it. Suckers.

Anyways, (only a slight tangent, but I promise it will come together in the end) the whole time I'm piping, I'm thinking, 'This cannot end up on cake wrecks'. I was worried about the correct punctuation of 'We'll', and decent spacing and style, and went I got to Aub's name, I panicked. For a split second, I forgot how to do a B in cursive.. and then I just stubbled through the rest, just happy that my B looked readable.

When I put the cake in the car, I just put it in the back seat like I always do, never had any problems. This time, the filling was a raspberry sauce, and while sitting on the warm (slanted) back seat, the top layer, slid half-way off the bottom layer!! Not completely, but just enough that I had major damage control to do when I got to the store.

After some crafty work, it was back to almost normal, when it was time to present it to Aubrey. She walks up, she is all excited, and the first thing to come out of her mouth was..... 'You misspelled my name' I FORGOT THE E!!! All my anxiety about that stupid B, and I skipped right over the E. Ugh! It was a good laugh. Maybe I belong on Cake Wrecks after all lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment