Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby Showers GALORE

I had SO many things going on this weekend. Including two baby showers. One for my sister, who is having a girl, and one for my sister-in-law who is having a boy. Obviously, the themes for each were very different.

For my sisters we had the cutest 'Pea Pod' theme. Everything was green and pink. We invited her friends from all over Utah, and had the greatest time. Along with some really yummy food, I was in charge of making cupcakes for the party. Naturally, they were pink and green :)


Pretty cute, huh? Cupcakes are NOT the same as baking a cake. I have 2 great receipes for cakes made from scratch, and neither one turned out as a cupcake. So I had to use the good ol' fall back box mixes. They turned out yummy anyways! I made chocolate, vanilla, and lemon poppy seed. De-lish!


The second shower was kind of crazy. I ended up running late because of last minute stops we weren't planning on making, which put us back forever! But once I got there, It turned out to be an open house, and lots of people were still coming and going.



Megans colors for her babys room are red, green, orange, and blue. SUPER cute, so I tried to use that as my guide. I forgot to take pictures at the party, so I used some left over cupcakes and did it the next day before throwing them away :) I also made vanilla, chocolate, and lemon poppy seed, but only because lemon poppy seed was the flavor they used at their wedding AWWWWWWW.. I'm so romantic hahaha. She also had this FUN game. Meg and my brother pick a unique name, and didn't want to tell everyone right away, but at the shower, she had some scrabble letters, and let everyone try to figure out his name! It was so fun, and I suck at spelling (which you know, because you read my blog lol) so I had to have some help. I can't say what it is, because I don't know who doesn't know still, but trust me, it's really cute, and fits with the Farwell name perfect.

This week wasn't only crazy because of the showers, I have been a busy baking bee! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment