Thursday, March 18, 2010

Catching up on all my favorites!

This was my first REAL cake. I was taking a fondant class, and had to make this for Riley's first birthday party, before I even had the class that taught me how to do anything. I remember thinking how good it was, but now I look back... and even though it's good, I sure wish I had been through that class first. haha

This is the cake that I made at the end of my fondant class. If I remember right, it was lemon poppy seed, SO good.


This was for the Tadd Family Christmas party. It was actually after Christmas, so I made it more 'winter'.

Happy 30th Birthday Emmerson! He coaches basketball, and LOVES the Utes.

This one was for my good friend Jenn's niece. I was lucky to find such a perfect Tinkerbell topper.

My co-worker Mandi LOVES stars, Happy 19th Mandi :)

And Mandi also has a twin sister, Megan, who loves peace signs. It was kind of last minute, so it wasn't perfect due to the wrong size tip. I was still learning at this point. 

This was for a friend of a friend. Pretty much, my first client who I didn't know. It was also my first time working with edible images. Thank you Walmart for being WAY cooler then Target.

The day after I got the call about the HSM cake, I got a call from a good, good friend who needed a cake for her sons birthday as well. Both to be delivered on the same day. This one made me nervous because doing characters is really hard, since they are so recognizable. I have to admit, I was shocked myself when I pulled this off.

I was DYING to do a princess cake. I only have a little boy, so this isn't something I get to do everyday. This was also the first cake I carved into a shape. Harder then it looks, let me tell you! But thanks to gum paste, it turned out good, well, after the first slipper shattered like glass, true story.

At Ruby River, we go through a lot of managers, since we are a training store. One of our last managers went to the Downtown store, and as a last minute celebration, I pulled this one together. We used to put peppers on our steaks, and as a back of house secret, we use steak markers to show what temperature steaks are cooked at. Pink means medium rare. Yumm..


PHEW! Done. Looking back, I can't believe I pulled most of these off lol I really hope that after I start teaching, I'll master more of the basic skills. Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment