Friday, March 19, 2010

R ya redy fer the NASCAR Chet?

`Being from Seattle, NASCAR was not the norm around our house. But since I have moved to Utah, I have met more and more fans, and actually, the stereotypes are so funny. This cake was for my SIL, and if you have met her, she is good at EVERYTHING. Her whole family is. So you can imagine my anxiety when she asked me to make a NASCAR cake for her fathers 60th birthday. This cake weighed heavy on my mind for the 2 months before it was due. Needless to say, I researched NASCAR a lot. Gregs favorite driver is Carl Edward... any NASCAR fans out there?? He is the one who bump a car on purpose and caused a huge wreck, and I guess he was suspended. hahahahaha. I had already started the car when Lindsy's mom wanted to change it because of this whole scandal. Good thing Greg really likes this driver lol. The flavor was Chocolatey-chocolate cake, ganache filling, and chocolate fudge frosting.




I guess Lindsys dad was impressed I knew the sponsor was Aflac.. (thanks BING search). Hope this was everything they wanted and more!

1 comment: