Friday, April 9, 2010

Get Er Dooonne

My good friend Robyn (who ordered the Jazz cake) also placed an order for her husbands birthday. He loves trackers/John Deere/Johnny Poppers etc. My plan was to do a 3-D cake, but it did not work out like I wanted. But I think it still turned out great the way it did.



It was Trav's idea to use brown sugar as dirt, and to add the wheat stalks. My cute little husband... he must watch too much Food Network haha.

The flavor was carrot cake, and cream cheese frosting. I have never made homemade carrot cake before, and shredding carrots was quite an experience. Next time I'm using a food processor. The cream cheese frosting was also homemade, and THE BEST I have ever tasted. Definetly a recipe I'll be keeping. I really love the 'rope' border at the bottom.

Happy Birthday Randy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM...this cake was amazing..my hubby was excited to finally get his John Deer tracker..lol..best carrott cake I've ever had..

    ReplyDelete