Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last minute is my middle name

I have a dear dear friend who came to me about 10days ago and said, 'Carolyn, are you going to make my birthday cake?', and I said, 'Sure Craig, what would you like?'.. long story short, he couldn't decide. I never really had a chance to catch up with him later, and put it in the back of my mind until last night at work. His daughter was leaving (she works with me) and she was just walking out the door. So I said, 'Mandy, did you have plans for your dads cake?', and she explained that she thought about asking me, but hadn't seen me all week, and figured it was too late to order one. Well, no way was I letting my great friend go without a cake from me on his birthday. I told her not to sweat it, and I would come through. And... I DID! I was worried when I got home and thought about all the stuff I needed to prep for this cake, but it all turned out in the end.

Craig loves Oreos, and I decided to try something new. I did a basic devils food chocolate cake, with a oreo cream filling (made with marshmellow fluff, YUM), covered with vanilla butter cream. Obviously, while I was decorating, I channeled my Baskin Robins, Sam's Club, and Smith's skills hahahahaha. But hey, it was my first successful time piping letters (probably my biggest weakness) so in the end, I was proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment