Friday, April 2, 2010

WAY TO GO, CJ!

Trav and I were lucky enough to win season tickets to the Jazz, and we have made such amazing friends. This year was so special for our new friend Chris. It was her birthday on Saturday, March 27, and as a surprise at the Jazz game on the 29th, one of her best friends, Robyn, had the Jazz Bear come blow confetti all over our section, spray us with silly string, and deliver a gift. Her favorite player is CJ Miles, and she got an autographed picture of him, Jazz license plate covers, and all kinds of crazy fun stuff. But as a surprise, I got to bring her a Jazz inspired cake to share with all our friends!


This cake was a challenge! Edible images are quite easy actually, and Walmart is the best! Print your picture, bring it to the bakery, and they will make it edible. The best part is, they have copy rights for everything! So even if its a picture of Dora the Explorer, they will copy it for you.

Now, usually, I'm usually very well planned out. I had the whole cake planned, I had the frosting ready, and the edible image was in my fridge. I had the whole cake prepped and ready to go, and I was getting the edible image ready to put on the frosting. I don't know what happened, but as I was peeling the picture off, HIS FACE JUST PEELED OFF! It wasn't like his jersey, or his arm, something that I could cut off and start again, it was his FACE. And with 2 hours until the game, I sent my mom and my sister to the nearest store that would print it for us. The first store said they would, but when they got there, they said they wouldn't do it because we didn't have CJ's 'ok'. Really? I mean, I understand the whole legal thing, but its not like I was creating an ad, and using video of him without him knowing.. its a cake, that would be eaten, gone forever. So we went across the street where the guy said, 'I'll copy anything for a price' HE WAS OUR MAN! Needless to say, I got it done just in time.

The game was so fun, and Chris was so surprised! The flavor was Chocolatey chocolate cake, cream filling, and chocolate fudge frosting.

1 comment:

  1. What a Surprise for Chris..She had a long month of birthday surprises..Then this wonderful cake was given to her at the Jazz game. Choc. cake the best in the world. Top of the cake was kept no one could eat the picture of CJ Miles...he now is in the freezer..

    ReplyDelete